Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Banco De Oro Rant

Weeeeeellllllllll, as usual. This is a late post of mine.

( ̄▽ ̄)

Though I was really no longer planning on posting this, I just saw something inside my bag while I sort of taken out some stuffs from it. And this is what I saw:



As you can see, it's just a small piece of paper that got various doodles on it.

Actually, there's just a little bit of story behind it.

( ̄▽ ̄)

What happened is this...

Around earlier this year, I opened an account on a provincial branch of Banco De Oro (let's call this BDO-01). The thing is, when I opened that account, I was already going back to the city. Hence, I asked a BDO personnel if it's possible for me to just pick-up my ATM to a BDO branch near my place (since their branch is way way too far from our place). Well "he" said that it's okay. So they just gave me a waver to sign saying that BDO's not responsible as to whatever happens to my ATM. For me, it's just for formalities sake, since I still kinda had some confidence to them delivering their work promptly. When I'm already back in the city, I waited a month before going to that requested BDO branch (let's call this BDO-02) to pick up my ATM. When I got there, I immediately went to the service desk and asked for my ATM. The personnel suddenly asked me if it's their branch where I opened my account, I replied "no". But I told them what happened in BDO-01. There, they suddenly told me that BDO does not allow that kind of setup (picking up your ATM in a different branch other than your branch of account). And sadly, my ATM is still not under their custody (BDO-02). Well, okay, sorry for that. But what I did not like is on how they handled my situation. What they want me to do is that I am the one who should coordinate with BDO-01 as to the whereabouts of my ATM. It kinda pissed me off. Still keeping my temper, I gently asked them if it's possible that they are the ones that should talk to BDO-01 (since obviously they are still of the same entity). For me, it should've been their initiative to help their "client" in whatever possible means. Sadly, days passed, and yes, they (BDO-02) didn't care a thing to my situation. And yes, it wasn't resolved.

Got a bit busy in life, months passed and things happened here and there. My unresolved issue with BDO got shove out of my mind for a while. Until I decided to open a BDO account to a branch near to my place (now this will be BDO-03). From that point on, I decided to just close down my account in BDO-01. Hence, I asked the staff from BDO-03 if it'll be possible to close an account on a different branch that is not the branch of account. Sadly, it was a NO. Maybe you're telling me to just go to BDO-01 and settle things. The problem is that travelling to BDO-01's place is more expensive than the amount of cash I deposited in them. Hence, it'll be much better to just let that money fly. Since, I am already using BDO's services, I tried seeking an online support from BDO. I got some response, but sadly, it's still not the solution to my problem.

Again, months passed, just around the 3rd week of December this year, I decided to try solving things on a different manner. What I did is, again, I'm back to BDO-03 and told them my situation. I'm quite disappointed again as to how that staff handled my problem. She just immediately told me that they cannot do anything about it. They did not even bother calling BDO-01 to at least help me out a bit. Calmly I asked if it'll be okay for them to call BDO-01's branch so that I can talk to them (since I don't know their number anyway). Now during the phone call, back on my story with BDO-02, they gave me a certain staff name called Mr. R, so that's whom I asked. Unluckily, he's on his lunch break. So they gave me her assistant Ms. F. So I told Ms. F my story and blah blah blah. Though she was able to give me a solution, again I was pissed off as to how she impolitely cut our conversation and rudely hang up the phone. What she told me is to withdraw my money over the counter on any branch and just leave even just one (1) peso on my account, then my account will just be automatically closed down. Since I was a bit disappointed with BDO-03, I went out and looked for another branch. Hence, I found BDO-04. I kinda disobeyed what Ms. F told me. What I did is that I withdrew everything, every peso, from that account. The staff from BDO-04 told me that my account's gonna be closed down if I do so. I said it was okay. She went back inside their staff room, and asked some colleagues, I think. She walked from place to place and just asked me to wait. When she got back to me, she told me that she's just waiting for a reply from my branch of account. Finally!!! It was a first time for me to encounter a BDO branch that took initiative to help me out. "At last, it's gonna be over" is what I'm shouting inside my head. I came to BDO-04 around 2PM. And they acted immediately to settle things. What's disappointing (again) is BDO-01's cooperation. Even the personnel from BDO-04 is already pissed off from them. So while waiting, that doodle above is what happened to me. ( ̄▽ ̄) Yes. I was also depositing back the cash that I'm trying to withdraw from my BDO-01's account to that of my BDO-03 account. All I did throughout those hassle is doodle my way out of boredom as I wait for BDO-01's cooperation. And no. That paper is not enough if all I did is doodle until I got what I asked for. Thankfully, my phone still got lots of battery on it, so yeah, I just played some games till everything's over. As I have said I came there at around 2PM, and guess what time I got out? It's almost 5PM! Can you imagine that?! (; ̄ェ ̄)It's almost closing time! Luckily I was not in a rush during those time. Or else, I might have lost my temper there.

Though, I'm still grateful that everything's settled now. ( ´ ▽ ` )

Most especially, I am trully grateful to the BDO-04 staffs. Without you guys, I don't know what would've happened to my problem. Really, thank you. I do hope that BDO will have more employees like you guys.

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

No comments:

Post a Comment